almond, almond benefits, almonds health benefits, health benefits of almonds, Is Almond Good for Health
1. Almonds Reduce Cholesterol: According to a recent study by the American Dietetic Association, consuming almonds were proven to increase your levels of Vitamin E in your red blood cells and also reduces your risks of having cholesterol.
By boosting the levels of vitamin E in your bloodstream antioxidants are formed that prevents your cells from clogging developing cholesterol.
Thus consuming a handful of almonds daily can generate more vitamin E into your bloodstream and this can also save you from the risk of developing cholesterol.
2. Almonds are Good for Your Heart: When almonds are consumed along with some other nuts, it is said that it is good for your heart.
Well, according to a study published in 2014, researchers found that samples in the study who consumed almonds has more antioxidants in their bloodstream and this helped in reducing blood pressure and improved the flow of blood to various parts of the body.
Also, the research concluded by stating that Mediterranean diets that had a lot of nuts in their foods had more health benefits.
3. Almonds Regulate Blood Sugar: Consuming almonds is said to regulate blood sugar levels and stabilize them. This is because almonds have magnesium in them and it advised that you consume a handful of almonds daily.
However, for people suffering from type 2 diabetes, almonds play an integral role in stabilizing it. So what basically happens if a diabetic person consumes almonds?
The answer is, the person would develop insulin resistance which is great for people suffering from diabetes and this is because of the content of magnesium in the nut.
4. Almonds can help control Blood pressure levels: Low magnesium levels can cause high blood pressure. This leads to heart attacks, strokes and kidney failure. Almonds contain magnesium which helps control blood pressure effectively.
If your body lacks magnesium, you must add almonds to your diet.
5. Almonds have High Vitamin E: Almonds are said to contain higher levels of Vitamin E which is an antioxidant that protects your cells from getting toxic.
With higher amounts of vitamin E being pumped into your bloodstream, this reduces your risks of developing Alzheimer’s disease, cancer and heart disease.
Make sure that your intake of vitamin E is moderated because excessive intake of vitamin E can lead to prostate cancer. Make sure you consume how much is needed and do not do it in excess.
6. Almonds Reduces Weight: Almonds have higher contents of protein and fiber and lower levels of carbohydrates that curbs your appetite and does not keep you craving for long. This also helps in reducing the number of calories on a daily basis.
When almonds have the tendency to curb your appetite, this means that you can control what you intake and this helps in regulating your weight.
7. Almonds are Rich in Nutrients: The edible seeds drawn out of almond trees are almonds and the United States is the largest producer of almonds in the world. Almonds are rich in nutrients wherein just 28 grams of almonds contain:
6 grams of protein
3.5 grams of fiber
14 grams of fat
37% of vitamin E
32% of manganese
20% of magnesium
Note: Almonds also contain a good source of copper, vitamin B12 and phosphorus that provides 161 calories and 2.5 grams of digestive carbohydrates.
8. Almonds are Good for Your Eyes: While carrots are said to be very good for your eyes, almonds have a high source of vitamin E that protect your eyes and prevents abnormal changes to your lens.
Thus, consuming almonds will protects your eyes, but do not consume this in excess as this can lead to weight gain. Make it a point to consume almonds in moderation.
9. Almonds have a Rich Source of Antioxidants: Almonds have a rich source of antioxidants that can protect you against stress. Stress leads to molecule damage that thereby results in inflammation, cancer and ageing.
The antioxidants prevalent in almonds benefit your skin. However, consuming 84 grams of almonds per day can increase the levels of antioxidants in your body that will protect you from ageing and various other diseases.
10. Almond Nourishes Skin: You may have read about almonds being a major part of the ingredients in most skin products and this is because of the fact that this nut has loads of benefits for your skin.
Almonds contain a flavonoid that is similarly found in green tea and broccoli. This component nourishes your skin and is an anti-ageing property for your skin.
11. Almonds Prevent Cancer: Almonds have certain amounts of fiber present in them that helps in detoxifying the body. Consuming almonds help food to move through the digestive system more easily.
Almonds have high fiber in them and this reduces your risk of developing colon cancer. It also has loads of vitamin E and flavonoids that regulate breast cancer.
12. Almonds Improve Your Brain Power: Almonds contain L-carnitine and riboflavin that helps in the growth of brain cells. One major chemical that helps the brain in cognitive function is phenylalanine and almonds do have this chemical in them.
Consuming just five pieces of almonds every morning can help you boost your brainpower.
13. Almonds are Best for Treating Anaemia: Anaemia is usually caused when red blood cells carry very less oxygen to the brain.
Thus, almonds contain copper, iron and vitamins that help in producing more haemoglobin and as a result, almonds can be used to prevent anaemia.
14. Almonds are Good for Your Nerves: Almonds have some amount of magnesium in them that benefits the nervous system. This also helps in developing a healthy metabolic rate. Magnesium also helps in better bone tissue.
This has so much benefit that even peanut butter cannot offer you.
15. Almonds Treat Acne and Blackheads: Almonds are considered to be the best remedy that can prevent and fight acne, blackheads and whiteheads through the fatty acids found in them.
These fatty acids control the oil that gets clogged in these skin pores and thus when the almond oil is applied to your skin it also helps in reducing skin rashes.
16. Almonds Treat Stretch Marks: Almond oil makes it effective for treating stretch marks by nourishing the skin and preventing skin tear. All you need to do is to heat the almond oil and apply it to the stretch marks and leave for an hour.
Make sure you apply this twice a day and you will see the difference.
17. Almonds Prevent Grey Hair: Almond oil is very essential in treating any kind of hair problems from hair fall to preventing hair from turning grey, you name it and almond oil comes in handy.
Almond oil also helps in curing dandruff and other types of hair problems. The best part about using almond oil for your hair is that it gives a silky and shiny texture.
18. Almonds Help in Hair Growth: Lack of magnesium in your body leads to loss of hair and thus the high amounts of magnesium found in almonds help your hair grow fast and develop strong strands. Thus, almonds help in hair growth.
19. Almonds are Natural Anesthetics: When it comes to any stitching of your skin, plucking of the tooth or so forth, almond oil can play an important role such that it can heal as an anaesthetic.
Almond oil has a toxic compound called glycoside amygdalin that makes your nerves insensitive and so you may feel numb once this is applied. Also, keep in mind that you can use bitter almond oil only as an anaesthetic and not for any other purposes.
20. Almonds Increase Mental Alertness: When almonds are mixed with milk they become rich in potassium. This is one of the main minerals that boost the number of electrolytes in your body, thus providing the body with more energy.
When there is a boost in electrolytes, your memory flow also increases and this can happen by consuming almond milk. In simple terms, almond milk makes your memory sharper.
21. Almonds Prevent Birth Defects: Almonds contain folic acids that protect the mother from any sort of birth defects. Folic acid plays an integral role in the development of healthy cell growth and also helps in the life cycle of a growing fetus.
Pregnant women who consume almonds can help protect their baby from developing any sort of birth defects.
almond health benefits
Did you know, almonds provide you with brain power? They contain many essential nutrients, which can actually help you improve the way you think!
They are great for the skin. If you add almond oil or almond milk to your skincare regime, it will make your skin softer, more supple and flawless. You can also massage almond oil into your skin.
Almonds contain minerals like potassium, folic acid, protein, monosaturated fats and vitamin E. Hence eating them can significantly reduce your chances of heart diseases.
If you are in the habit of consuming cups of coffee and energy drinks to get a boost of energy, try eating almonds instead! Riboflavin, copper and manganese in the nuts will give you stamina.
Like blueberries and pomegranates, almonds are superfoods that can help reduce weight significantly. Drink unsweetened almond milk for faster weight loss.
Last but not the least, almonds regulate your blood pressure because they are high in potassium and low in sodium. They also help in keeping your cholesterol levels in check!