alu paratha recipe in hindi, how to make alu paratha
aloo paratha recipe by hebbars kitchen
4 cup wheat flour
1 tsp salt
water (for kneading)
4 tbsp oil
for aloo stuffing:
6 potato / aloo (boiled & mashed)
2 tsp ginger paste
4 chilli (finely chopped)
4 tbsp coriander (finely chopped)
1 tsp coriander seeds
0.5 tsp ajwain / carom seeds
2 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1 tsp garam masala
1.5 tsp aamchur
1 tsp salt
wheat flour (for dusting)
oil (for roasting)
how to make dough for paratha:
firstly, in a large bowl take 2 cup wheat flour and ½ tsp salt. mix well.
add water as required and start to knead.
now add 2 tbsp oil and start to knead well.
knead to a smooth and soft dough.
grease oil and rest for 20 minutes.
how to make aloo stuffing for paratha:
firstly, in a large bowl take 3 potato, 1 tsp ginger paste, 2 chilli, 2 tbsp coriander and ½ tsp coriander seeds.
also, add ¼ tsp ajwain, 1 tsp chilli powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ½ tsp garam masala, ¾ tsp aamchur and ½ tsp salt.
mix well making sure all the ingredients are well combined.
aloo stuffing is ready.
how to make aloo paratha:
after the dough has rested for 20 minutes, knead slightly.
now pinch a ball sized dough and roll about 4 inches in diameter.
place a ball sized prepared aloo stuffing in the centre.
take the edge and start pleating bringing it to the centre.
also join the pleats together and secure tight pinching off excess dough.
sprinkle some wheat flour and roll slightly thick.
on a hot tawa place the rolled paratha and cook for a minute.
furthermore, flip the paratha when the base is partly cooked (after a minute).
also, brush oil / ghee and press slightly. flip again once or twice till both the sides are cooked properly.
finally, serve hot aloo paratha with sauce, raita or pickle.
aloo paratha recipe by sanjyot keer
For aloo mixture
• Ginger 1 inch
• Green chillies 2-3 nos.
• Potatoes 4-5 medium size (boiled & mashed)
• Ajwain 1/4th tsp
• Sukha dhaniya (coriander seeds) 2 tbsp (coarsely crushed)
• Powdered spices
1. Jeera powder 1 tsp
2. Lal mirch powder 1 tsp
3. Amchur powder 1 tbsp
4. Anardana powder 1 tsp
• Fresh mint leaves 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Fresh coriander leaves 1 tbsp (chopped)
• Kasuri methi 1 tsp
• Onions 1 medium size (finely chopped, optional)
• Add ginger and green chillies in mortar and pestle and crush it coarsely, keep aside to be used in the potato mixture.
• Add boiled and mashed potatoes in a mixing bowl, further add crushed ginger and green chillies, ajwain, crushed sukha dhaniya, all the powdered spices, kasuri methi and freshly chopped mint and coriander leaves, mix well and keep until used as a filling to make paratha. Make sure the potatoes are mashed completely and there are no chunks.
• If you wish to add finely chopped onions to the mixture you can add it, but make sure to add them just before you’re about to make the paratha.
• Wheat flour 2 cups
• Salt ½ tsp
• Water as required
• Oil 1 tbsp
• Dry wheat flour for dusting
• Aloo mixture
• Ghee/oil/butter for cooking on tawa
• In a bowl, add wheat flour and salt to taste, add water as required to make semi soft dough, make sure the atta is neither too soft nor too loose. Add oil and knead until the dough is smooth. Cover it with a damp cloth and rest it for 30 minutes.
• After resting, knead the dough once again, and divide the dough in equal dough balls.
• Coat the dough balls with dry flour and flatten it with hands, use your thumb and finger to make a cup shape keeping the centre a bit thick, add wholesome of aloo mixture and press the mixture downwards gently with thumb, bring the ends together with other fingers and bring the ends together and seal them. Remove excess dough if any.
• Now, flatten the aloo mixture filled ball gently, sprinkle some dry flour and gently flatten with hands, further roll it with a rolling pin in left upwards and right downwards movement or counter clockwise direction, do not press it hard while rolling, or the filling may come out.
• You can also choose to make paratha by making two roti and applying the aloo mixture in between just like sandwich, press the edges to seal and roll it flat without applying too much pressure.
• Set a hot tawa on medium heat, put the uncooked paratha over the hot tawa and cook it briefly from one side until light golden brown, flip and cook again briefly, now apply ghee or oil or butter and cook on both the sides until it starts to fluff and the paratha turns nice golden brown in colour.
• Cook all the parathas in the same way and make as many as you wish to, you’re hot, tasty, Punjabi style aloo paratha is ready, serve it with some freshly churned homemade white butter, or your favourite pickle or any dip of your choice.
aloo paratha recipe by kunal kapoor
2 cups Whole wheat flour (Atta)
a generous pinch Salt
3/4 cup Water
1 1/2 cup Potato (boiled & mashed)
3/4 tsp Salt
3/4 tsp Red chilly powder
1 1/2 tsp Cumin
1 tbsp Coriander seeds
2 tsp Ginger chopped
1 no Green chilly chopped
1 tbsp Coriander chopped
1/2 tbsp each side Desi Ghee
In a bowl add atta, salt, and water to make a dough. Give it a rest for 10 mins. For the stuffing mix all the ingredients except ghee.
Divide the dough into equal balls of the size of a golf ball. Gently roll it or using your hands spread it 3inches in diameter. Now using a spoon place a generous helping of the stuffing in the dough and close it.
Roll it again and dip in dry flour a droll it our flat. Heat a pan and cook on both sides. Apply ghee and again cook on both sides. Remove and serve hot.
aloo paratha recipe by nisha madhulika
Ingredients for Potato Stuffed Parantha
Wheat flour – 300 gms.
Potato – 500 gms.
Coriander powder – 1 tea spoon.
Red chilli powder – 1/4 tea spoon.
Garam masala – 1/4 tea spoon.
Amchoor powder – 1/4 tea spoon.
Green chilli – 2 or 3
Coriander leaves – 50 gms.
Salt – according to the taste.
Refined oil or desi ghee – 100 gms.
Method – How to make Potato Stuffed Parantha
First of all boil the potatoes in the cooker.
Mix 2 tea spoon ghee and 1/4 tea spoon salt into the flour and mix well. Knead the flour with 150 gms. luke warm water. Now cover the dough and leave for 20 minutes to set.
Peel the boiled potatoes once they cool down. Put salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder, green chilli and coriander leaves to it. Mix all the ingredients well with the mashed potatoes.
The stuffing to fill the paranthas is ready. Divide the mixture into 8 equal parts.
Make 8 equal balls of the dough. Roll the each ball with the roller and stuff it with the potato mixture. Fold the parantha from all the sides and roll it again into a flat disc of 8 inch. Heat a pan and put the parantha on it.
Pour little oil over the parantha and on the corners and roast it well until both the sides turns brown in colour. Prepare all the parantha in the same manner.
Potato Stuffed Parantha are ready. Serve them with coriander chutney, matar jhol recipe and curd.